0.3.0 Release Notes
Our first release of 2009 (on my birthday, incidentally) brings us an array of changes, small and quite large
We are pleased to announce the release of Prosody 0.3.0.
Possibly the most dramatic change from the previous release is that of the license, from GPL to the more permissive MIT/X11. Lots of under-the-hood fixes and improvements went on, but we still managed to slip in a few new exciting features.
The following is a summary of changes since the previous version:
- Changed licensing from GPLv2 to MIT/X11
- Handle missing runtime dependencies even better
- Handle missing config file nicely
- New syntax for defining server components in the config file
- Module reloading (to apply code changes without a restart)
- Logging improvements
- Fix for ejabberd data import with incoming-only subscriptions
- Syslog support for POSIX systems
- Report correct PID on daemonization
- Add support for writing out pidfile during daemonization
- Stringprep support
- Fixed replies to some stanzas which generated an error
- Much improved BOSH support
- Rate-limiting for in-band registration
- Black/whitelists for in-band registration
- Don't fail for SASL auth with empty realm
We released 0.2.0 Release Notes last month with experimental BOSH support, which in this release is now quite stable. Please report any bugs found.
This release in turn brings us initial MUC support. Notably missing are admin actions, status change broadcast, history on join, and persistence between restarts. This should all be implemented prior to the next (0.4) release.