Fresh install of prosody 0.9.8 on Gentoo. I tried to use xep227toprosody.lua from http://hg.prosody.im/trunk/file/tip/tools/ and got:
Begin parsing host xxx
lua: ./util/xmppstream.lua:98: attempt to call method 'getcurrentbytecount' (a nil value)
[C]: in function 'parse'
xep227toprosody.lua:265: in main chunk
When I changed xmppstream.lua like this:
local lxp_supports_bytecount = false;
import looked like it went OK ("Begin parsing host", lots of "[success] ..." messages and "End parsing host"), but nothing was imported (input contained only host, accounts and rosters). Adding users with prosodyctl works without problems.
Looks like xep227toprosody.lua invokes xmppstream methods directly in a weird way without passing an actual parser as first argument, which it expects but only uses for counting stanza sizes.