#423 Permissions on /var/log/prosody/* are unconditionally reset upon package upgrade.
== What steps will reproduce the problem? ==
1. Add official Prosody package repository
2. Install prosody-0.10
3. Configure prosody to log to syslog
4. Configure syslog (rsyslog in my case) to log to /var/log/prosody/prosody.og
5. Set ownership recursively to syslog:adm on /var/log/prosody/
6. Upgrade prosody when a new nightly build is released.
== What is the expected output? ==
The expectation was for custom permissions/ownership to be retained.
== What do you see instead? ==
Permissions are unconditionally reset back to the default on /var/log/prosody/*
== What version of the product are you using? ==
prosody 0.10 nightlies
== On what operating system? ==
Ubuntu 12.04.x LTS
== Please provide any additional information below. ==
Mailing list discussion on this:
I checked, our own packages don't use dpkg-statoverride for various things that the Debian packages do.
I think we should merge most of this (the postinst script iirc) into our packages.
I started merging with the official Debian package.